22556VIC Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace
22578VIC Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis
$65 per student
By completing this course successfully, participants will gain the necessary skills and knowledge, along with the assurance, to administer first aid to individuals experiencing unexpected illnesses or injuries, including asthma or anaphylaxis. This course is for anyone in the community or workplace who might need to give first aid in the case of an asthma or anaphylaxis emergency.
By successfully fulfilling the course requirements, students will acquire the skills to create risk management and risk minimization strategies for individuals identified as at risk of asthma and/or anaphylaxis while at work. This encompasses developing and executing pre-emergency risk assessment/management plans and individualized asthma and/or anaphylaxis management plans.
This course offers workplace first aid training that meets national standards for workers across all industries. It specifically covers how to care for adults and children who are at risk of asthma and/or anaphylaxis or showing symptoms of either condition.
Your certificate will include the units below:
- 22556VIC – Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace
- 22578VIC – Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis
- Administer asthma medication (with a spacer)
- Administer asthma medication (without a spacer)
- Administer an adrenaline autoinjector for anaphylaxis
- Provide first aid for an allergic reaction and anaphylaxis
- Complete a First aid/Incident report form
- Complete a Risk Assessment
- Complete an Individual Management Plan, which includes a Communication Plan
- The exam is a written test and includes multiple-choice and short-answer questions.
Learners’ Rights, Responsibilities, Support & Complaints
Training and assessment is delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
To learn about your rights and responsibilities, including the process for lodging complaints and appeals, please consult the student handbook on allenstraining.com.au.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
The renewal periods for the units are as follows:
22556VIC – Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace (36 months)
22578VIC – Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis (36 months)
Online with face to face duration of 30 minutes
Public Classes (Clayton, Victoria)
Are held at our training facility located at Suite 35, 195 Wellington Road, Clayton, VIC 3168.
Group Bookings (Australia-wide)
Courses are delivered Australia-wide in your workplace during or out of business hours at no extra cost. There is a minimum of 6 participants (maximum of 10 per session) required for a group booking at your service.
Give us a call to find out more or See Locations.