HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
22556VIC Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace
22578VIC Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis
$160 per student
By completing this course, participants will have the necessary skills, knowledge, and confidence to administer first aid to individuals experiencing sudden illnesses or injuries, like asthma or anaphylaxis. The course includes knowing how to preserve life, prevent the condition from getting worse, and promote recovery, referring to providing first aid to someone with a severe medical condition until medical professionals arrive. It can also include providing basic treatment for minor injuries, such as using water to cool a burn or helping someone who is choking.
Students completing all the course requirements will be able to develop strategies for managing and reducing risks for individuals who are at risk of asthma or anaphylaxis in the workplace. These strategies include creating plans for risk assessment and management before an emergency occurs and developing and implementing individualized management plans for asthma and anaphylaxis.
This training course is nationally recognized and intended for workers or workplace first-aiders in any industry sector. It teaches how to provide care to adults and/or children who are at risk of asthma and/or anaphylaxis or displaying symptoms related to these conditions in the workplace.
The course set certificate includes the following:
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID010 – Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
- 22556VIC – Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace
- 22578VIC – Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis
- Administer asthma medication (with a spacer)
- Administer asthma medication (without a spacer)
- Administer an adrenaline autoinjector for anaphylaxis
- Provide first aid for an allergic reaction and anaphylaxis
- Adult CPR
- Infant CPR
- Demonstrate the first aid procedure for choking
- Demonstrate the first aid procedure for non-life-threatening bleeding, minor wound cleaning & shock
- Demonstrate the first aid procedure for a nosebleed
- Demonstrate the first aid procedure for managing fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains
- Demonstrate the first aid procedure for managing envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
- Complete a First aid/Incident report form
- Complete a risk assessment
- Complete an Individual Management Plan, which includes a Communication Plan
Theory assessment – A written exam consisting of multiple choice and short answer questions.
Learning Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints.
Training and assessment is delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
To learn about your rights and responsibilities, as well as the procedure for complaints and appeals, please consult the student handbook available on allenstraining.com.au.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
The recommended period for renewal of each certificate is as follows:
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (12 months)
- HLTAID010 – Provide basic emergency life support (36 months)
- HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid (36 months)
- 22556VIC – Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace (36 months)
Online with minimum face-to-face duration 60 minutes
Public Classes (Clayton, Victoria)
Are held at our training facility located at Suite 35, 195 Wellington Road, Clayton, VIC 3168.
Group Bookings (Australia-wide)
Courses are delivered Australia-wide in your workplace during or out of business hours at no extra cost. There is a minimum of 6 participants (maximum of 10 per session) required for a group booking at your service.
Give us a call to find out more or See Locations.