Provide First Aid In An Education And Care Setting
$120 per student
About the Course
This early childhood first aid course teaches the skills and knowledge required to perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and first aid procedures in an education and care setting in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines. Training and assessment delivered on behalf of Allens Training PTY LTD RTO 90909.
*** This course is offered as an enhanced online course and requires approximately 3-5 hours of online theory completion and 2 hours of face to face practical skills assessment. ***
Who is it for?
The ‘HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an Education and Care Setting’ course has been developed for people working in industries where there may be a requirement to provide first aid procedures.
Course Outline and Required Assessments
- Abdominal injuries
- Allergic reactions
- Anaphylaxis including signs, symptoms and triggers and using different types of adrenaline auto injectors
- Asthma including signs, symptoms and triggers and using different types of bronchodilators
- Basic wound care
- Bleeding control
- Cardiac conditions including chest pain
- Choking and airway obstructions
- Crush injuries
- Environmental impact including hypothermia, hyperthermia, dehydration and heat stroke
- Eye and ear injuries
- Febrile convulsions
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Minor skin injuries
- Needle stick injuries
- Poisoning and toxic substances
- Respiratory distress, including asthma
- Seizures including epilepsy
- Soft tissue injuries including strains and sprains
- Basic anatomy and physiology relating infants and children
The assessments on the day will require you to perform a minimum of 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on an adult and infant manikin on the floor. This course is offered as an Enhanced Online Course. Online theory and assessment components are to be completed prior to the face to face skills session. Online theory will take approximately 3-5 hours to complete and the face to face assessment will take approximately 2 hours.
Are held at our training facility located at Level 1, 77 Atherton Road, Oakleigh, Victoria.
Courses are delivered Australia-wide in your workplace during or out of business hours at no extra cost. There is a minimum of 6 participants (maximum of 10 per session) required for a group booking at your service. See Locations.
Childcare First Aid
The Importance Of A Childcare First Aid Certificate
A first aid certification is valuable in any workplace, but a qualification in childcare first aid is essential when you work with children regularly. CK First Aid are a registered training organisation with a background working with children, so we understand the differences in providing first aid to kids. That’s why we offer a comprehensive early childhood first aid course in Melbourne, HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting. Whether you’re new to childcare or you’ve been in the industry for years, you should consider undertaking a course developed on delivering first aid for children and infants.
Why Is First Aid An Essential Qualification In Childcare Work?
Within any industry, individuals with CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) and first aid qualifications are essential. However, in childcare contexts, every employee must be certified in childcare first aid. Many common causes of infant and child deaths and injuries can be prevented if first aid or CPR is administered in the first few minutes of the accident. The proper qualifications in childcare first aid could prevent instances of;
- Suffocation and strangulation
- Crushing injuries
Is Childcare First Aid Different To Other First Aid Courses?
In many ways, first aid administered in a childcare context will be similar to regular first aid. However, there are some key differences that childcare professionals need to remember when providing first aid to children. That’s why we offer a separate course for childcare and education professionals, HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an Education and Care Setting.
- Illnesses. Certain acute childhood illnesses, such as meningococcal infections and meningitis, require first aid treatment when they present.
- Smaller bodies. First aid practices like CPR are administered to children and infants differently than they would to adults. Because they are smaller, varied techniques are used to prevent further injury.
- Ask the right questions. A part of first response training is learning the correct questions to ask casualties to gauge their wellbeing. However, children often don’t know whether they have allergies, which medications they take, or how to communicate their pain accurately. You’ll need to learn different questioning techniques for children.
- Paperwork completion as per regulations – Completing incident reports and reporting the incident to the correct people is essential in childcare
What Sets CK First Aid Apart?
- We’re nationally recognised. When you choose to complete a course with CK First Aid, your qualification will be recognised throughout Australia in any industry (Training and assessment delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909).
- We have comprehensive courses. Whether you’re learning CPR in isolation, a combined emergency first aid and CPR course, or a course in mental health first aid, CK First Aid has the right program for you. We’re proud to provide a range of courses developed by Allen’s Training covering everything you’ll need to know to act in an emergency.
- Our trainers are experts. Angela Quinn and Natascha Mazurek are both certified first aid course facilitators. They come from backgrounds in education and healthcare, respectively. They both have plenty of experience in helping people from all walks of life become qualified in CPR and first aid for accident and emergencies.
- We support our learners. We’ve helped countless individuals attain first aid and CPR certifications. We pride ourselves on our ability to support people while they learn by providing comprehensive courses, opportunities for practice, and a safe environment for them to learn.