HLTAID012 Provide First Aid In An Education And Care Setting
$120 per student
This course offers hands-on training to staff working in education and care settings. It shows how to handle first aid emergencies in accordance with legal, workplace, and Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, and recommendations by other peak bodies.
The course will teach you how to identify signs of injury or illness, alert emergency services, and administer safe first aid using plans, equipment, and resources, for various conditions, including administering CPR, defibrillation, injecting medication for anaphylaxis, administering asthma medication, immobilizing injuries such as venomous bites, fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains, handling shock and bleeding, and other conditions.
You will be taught about the basics of anatomy and physiology, as well as vital differences between adults, children, and infants in terms of CPR, handling an infant or child who needs an emergency ambulance, and informing parents, caregivers, and emergency services about the critical details of the incident.
The course includes topics such as completing incident documentation and conducting debriefing sessions to enhance response, identify psychological effects, communicate with children about their feelings, and seek assistance if needed.
*** This course is offered as an enhanced online course and requires approximately 3-5 hours of online theory completion and 2 hours of face to face practical skills assessment. ***
Your certificate will include the units below:
- HLTAID012 – Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
- HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
- HLTAID010 – Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform 2 minutes of CPR on an adult manikin on the floor (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Complete a first-aid incident report form based on the simulated first-aid scenario
- Perform 2 minutes of CPR on a child manikin
- Perform 2 minutes of CPR on an infant manikin
- Manage a child casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a child casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking child and infant casualty
- Manage a child casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a child casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a child casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a child casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a child casualty with envenomation (snake/funnel-web spider bite)
The assessment is in written format and includes questions with multiple-choice answers.
Learning Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Training and assessment is delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
Please visit allenstraining.com.au and refer to the student handbook for information regarding your rights, responsibilities, and complaints and appeals procedures.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
Public Classes (Clayton, Victoria)
Are held at our training facility located at Suite 35, 195 Wellington Road, Clayton, VIC 3168.
Group Bookings (Australia-wide)
Courses are delivered Australia-wide in your workplace during or out of business hours at no extra cost. There is a minimum of 6 participants (maximum of 10 per session) required for a group booking at your service.
Give us a call to find out more or See Locations.
Childcare First Aid
The Importance Of A Childcare First Aid Certificate
A first aid certification is valuable in any workplace, but a qualification in childcare first aid is essential when you work with children regularly. CK First Aid are a registered training organisation with a background working with children, so we understand the differences in providing first aid to kids. That’s why we offer a comprehensive early childhood first aid course in Melbourne, HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting. Whether you’re new to childcare or you’ve been in the industry for years, you should consider undertaking a course developed on delivering first aid for children and infants.
Why Is First Aid An Essential Qualification In Childcare Work?
Within any industry, individuals with CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) and first aid qualifications are essential. However, in childcare contexts, every employee must be certified in childcare first aid. Many common causes of infant and child deaths and injuries can be prevented if first aid or CPR is administered in the first few minutes of the accident. The proper qualifications in childcare first aid could prevent instances of;
- Suffocation and strangulation
- Crushing injuries
Is Childcare First Aid Different To Other First Aid Courses?
In many ways, first aid administered in a childcare context will be similar to regular first aid. However, there are some key differences that childcare professionals need to remember when providing first aid to children. That’s why we offer a separate course for childcare and education professionals, HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an Education and Care Setting.
- Illnesses. Certain acute childhood illnesses, such as meningococcal infections and meningitis, require first aid treatment when they present.
- Smaller bodies. First aid practices like CPR are administered to children and infants differently than they would to adults. Because they are smaller, varied techniques are used to prevent further injury.
- Ask the right questions. A part of first response training is learning the correct questions to ask casualties to gauge their wellbeing. However, children often don’t know whether they have allergies, which medications they take, or how to communicate their pain accurately. You’ll need to learn different questioning techniques for children.
- Paperwork completion as per regulations – Completing incident reports and reporting the incident to the correct people is essential in childcare
What Sets CK First Aid Apart?
- We’re nationally recognised. When you choose to complete a course with CK First Aid, your qualification will be recognised throughout Australia in any industry (Training and assessment delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909).
- We have comprehensive courses. Whether you’re learning CPR in isolation, a combined emergency first aid and CPR course, or a course in mental health first aid, CK First Aid has the right program for you. We’re proud to provide a range of courses developed by Allen’s Training covering everything you’ll need to know to act in an emergency.
- Our trainers are experts. Angela Quinn and Natascha Mazurek are both certified first aid course facilitators. They come from backgrounds in education and healthcare, respectively. They both have plenty of experience in helping people from all walks of life become qualified in CPR and first aid for accident and emergencies.
- We support our learners. We’ve helped countless individuals attain first aid and CPR certifications. We pride ourselves on our ability to support people while they learn by providing comprehensive courses, opportunities for practice, and a safe environment for them to learn.