HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
$95 per student
This first-aid course provides instruction and practical training on how to recognize emergencies and give immediate and effective first-aid treatment to someone who is suddenly ill or injured. The course follows Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and other peak clinical bodies in Australia, focusing on legal, workplace, and community considerations.
The course teaches how to assess casualties, ensure safety, contact emergency services, and provide first aid. The course includes performing CPR and using a defibrillator, administering medication for anaphylaxis and asthma, helping someone who is choking, using immobilization techniques for injuries such as envenomation, fractures, dislocations, sprains, and strains, and managing non-life-threatening bleeding and shock.
In the course, you will learn fundamental concepts such as anatomy, physiology, and distinctions between adult, child, and infant CPR. Additionally, you will learn about the chain of survival, how to document and communicate details of incidents both in writing and verbally, how to evaluate incidents to enhance your response times and skills, how to identify psychological effects, and when and how to seek assistance if necessary.
*** This course is offered as an enhanced online course and requires approximately 3-5 hours of online theory completion and 2 hours of face to face practical skills assessment. ***
- HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID010 – Provide basic emergency life support
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform 2 minutes of CPR on an adult manikin on the floor (incl. the use of an
AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Complete a first-aid incident report form based on the simulated first-aid scenario
- Perform 2 minutes of CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
The assessment is in written format and contains multiple-choice questions.
Learning Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Training and assessment is delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
The student handbook contains all the information you need regarding your rights, responsibilities,
complaints, and appeals.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
Public Classes (Clayton, Victoria)
Are held at our training facility located at Suite 35, 195 Wellington Road, Clayton, VIC 3168.
Group Bookings (Australia-wide)
Courses are delivered Australia-wide in your workplace during or out of business hours at no extra cost. There is a minimum of 6 participants (maximum of 10 per session) required for a group booking at your service.
Give us a call to find out more or See Locations.
First Aid Certificate Melbourne
The Benefits Of Attaining A First Aid Certificate In Melbourne
If you’re looking for an opportunity to upskill and become more valuable to your workplace, there are few better ways to do so than gaining a first aid certificate in Melbourne. CK First Aid are leaders in offsite and onsite first aid training in the area, and we offer comprehensive, high-quality courses in first aid and CPR. If you’re debating whether or not to enrol in a Melbourne first aid course, here are a few benefits to getting your qualification that you mightn’t have thought about.
The Benefits Of Attending First Aid Training In Melbourne
Attending one of CK First Aid’s first aid courses in Melbourne will leave you with a nationally recognised qualification and several advantages you’ll be able to use throughout your life (Training and assessment delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909).
- It adds to your resume. A certificate in first aid and CPR is highly regarded in some industries and essential others. Your qualifications could see you as a valuable asset in your current workplace and desirable to employers.
- Learn to save lives and handle emergencies. Learning CPR and first aid from CK First Aid in Melbourne enables you to save someone’s life in a life-threatening situation. What could be more rewarding than that?
- It enables you to provide a casualty with comfort. No matter what type of emergency you find yourself in, after completing your course in Melbourne, you will have the techniques and tools to provide a sense of calm and comfort to the patient, no matter if they’re an adult or a young child.
Which First Aid Course Is Right For You?
CK First Aid is fortunate to have a range of Allen’s Training first aid and CPR courses available for enrollment. From CPR alone to a Provide First Aid course in Melbourne, how are you supposed to decide which to choose?
- HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation. If you’ve already acquired your first aid certificate in Melbourne, you won’t need a refresher for three years from the completion date. However, your CPR certification expires after 12 months, so you may need to sign up for that course alone.
- HLTAID011: Provide First Aid. This is the perfect course for those looking to complete their first aid and CPR certification together. You’ll get comprehensive guidance on providing effective first aid in an emergency.
- HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an Education and Care Setting. If you work with kids regularly, you’ll need to undertake this course to learn how to give first aid to infants and children.
- 22556VIC Course In The Management Of Asthma Risks And Emergencies In The Workplace & 22578VIC Course In First Aid Management Of Anaphylaxis. These additional skill sets are optional, but they’re fantastic for those who need well-rounded first aid training so they can react to emergencies in any context.
- Mental Health First Aid. This training gives you the skills and training to respond to those suffering a mental health crisis. You will have the tools to control the situation until emergency services can arrive and take over.
- Non-accredited First Aid. When you don’t need a nationally recognised certificate, our non-accredited sessions may be more beneficial (Training and assessment delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909). They’re excellent for those who have questions, need to brush up on skills, or would like some non-formal training for their own reference.
How Can You Get The Most Out Of Your First Aid Course
We understand that there’s a lot to take in on the day of your course. By the end of the session, you’ll feel overwhelmed with information, but don’t worry; you don’t have to remember everything. Here are a few tips on getting the most out of your course.
- Take notes. Have a notebook and pen ready to scribble things down as your instructor is talking. You’ll be able to go over them later when you’re not as overwhelmed.
- Actively participate. One of the most effective ways to learn the techniques and strategies we teach is by participating in the training. Volunteer to work with the instructor, answer questions (even if you’re wrong), and participate in the session. You’ll walk away feeling a lot more confident than you would had you sat back and passively listened.
- Ask questions. You’re not expected to understand everything you do first go. If you don’t understand something or you’d like clarification, ask your instructor to go over it again. It’s more beneficial to everyone in the room to redo something rather than allow you to walk out with knowledge gaps.
- Read your handbook before class. We’ll assign you some light reading to do before your course, so you should give yourself time to read it. It’s going to help you understand the techniques we’re teaching and why we’re teaching them. Complete your online learning and assessments prior to the class
If You’re Looking To Get Your First Aid Certificate In Melbourne, Contact CK First Aid
CK First Aid is proud to offer nationally recognised CPR and first aid courses (Training and assessment delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909). Our team of instructors are qualified, experienced professionals dedicated to providing high-quality CPR and first aid training and certification. CK First Aid is renowned for delivering comprehensive courses that leave people with knowledge, confidence, and the ability to react appropriately in an emergency. If you need a first aid certificate in Melbourne, don’t hesitate to reach out to the CK First Aid team.