HLTAID011 (old course code HLTAID003)
Provide First Aid $95 per person
About the Course
This course teaches the skills and knowledge required to perform Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and first aid procedures in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.This course is delivered on behalf of Allens Training PTY LTD RTO 90909.
***Please note: Due to current COVID-19 Physical Distancing restrictions, all assessment times are reduced to 2 hours duration (instead of 6.5 hours face to face)***
Who is it for?
This course has been developed for people working in industries where there may be a requirement to provide first aid procedures.
Course Outline and Required Assessments
You will learn:
Allergic reactions and anaphylaxis
Basic wound care
Choking and airway obstructions
Environmental impact including hypothermia, hyperthermia, dehydration and heat
Head, neck and spinal injuries
Minor skin injuries
Needle stick injuries
Poisoning and toxic substances
Respiratory distress, including asthma
Seizures including epilepsy
Soft tissue injuries including strains and sprains
Basic anatomy and physiology
It is recommended that this course be renewed every three (3) years in line with industry standards.
The assessments on the day will require you to perform a minimum of 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on an adult and infant manikin on the floor. All online theory and assessment components are required to be completed prior to the face to face assessment session.
Public classes are held at our training facility at Level 1, 77 Atherton Road, Oakleigh, Victoria.
This course can also be delivered in your workplace during or out of business hours at no extra cost. There is a minimum of 6 participants (maximum of 10 per session) required for a group booking at your service.
First Aid Certificate Melbourne
The Benefits Of Attaining A First Aid Certificate In Melbourne
If you’re looking for an opportunity to upskill and become more valuable to your workplace, there are few better ways to do so than gaining a first aid certificate in Melbourne. CK First Aid are leaders in offsite and onsite first aid training in the area, and we offer comprehensive, high-quality courses in first aid and CPR. If you’re debating whether or not to enrol in a Melbourne first aid course, here are a few benefits to getting your qualification that you mightn’t have thought about.
The Benefits Of Attending First Aid Training In Melbourne
Attending one of CK First Aid’s first aid courses in Melbourne will leave you with a nationally recognised qualification and several advantages you’ll be able to use throughout your life.
- It adds to your resume. A certificate in first aid and CPR is highly regarded in some industries and essential others. Your qualifications could see you as a valuable asset in your current workplace and desirable to employers.
- Learn to save lives and handle emergencies. Learning CPR and first aid from CK First Aid in Melbourne enables you to save someone’s life in a life-threatening situation. What could be more rewarding than that?
- It enables you to provide a casualty with comfort. No matter what type of emergency you find yourself in, after completing your course in Melbourne, you will have the techniques and tools to provide a sense of calm and comfort to the patient, no matter if they’re an adult or a young child.
Which First Aid Course Is Right For You?
CK First Aid is fortunate to have a range of Allen’s Training first aid and CPR courses available for enrollment. From CPR alone to a Provide First Aid course in Melbourne, how are you supposed to decide which to choose?
- HLTAID001: Provide CPR. If you’ve already acquired your first aid certificate in Melbourne, you won’t need a refresher for three years from the completion date. However, your CPR certification expires after 12 months, so you may need to sign up for that course alone.
- HLTAID003: Provide First Aid and CPR. This is the perfect course for those looking to complete their first aid and CPR certification together. You’ll get comprehensive guidance on providing effective first aid in an emergency.
- HLTAID004: Provide Emergency First Aid For Education & Care with CPR. If you work with kids regularly, you’ll need to undertake this course to learn how to give first aid to infants and children.
- 22556VIC and 22300VIC: Asthma and Anaphylaxis Skillset. These additional skill sets are optional, but they’re fantastic for those who need well-rounded first aid training so they can react to emergencies in any context.
- Mental Health First Aid. This training gives you the skills and training to respond to those suffering a mental health crisis. You will have the tools to control the situation until emergency services can arrive and take over.
- Non-accredited First Aid. When you don’t need a nationally recognised certificate, our non-accredited sessions may be more beneficial. They’re excellent for those who have questions, need to brush up on skills, or would like some non-formal training for their own reference.
How Can You Get The Most Out Of Your First Aid Course
We understand that there’s a lot to take in on the day of your course. By the end of the session, you’ll feel overwhelmed with information, but don’t worry; you don’t have to remember everything. Here are a few tips on getting the most out of your course.
- Take notes. Have a notebook and pen ready to scribble things down as your instructor is talking. You’ll be able to go over them later when you’re not as overwhelmed.
- Actively participate. One of the most effective ways to learn the techniques and strategies we teach is by participating in the training. Volunteer to work with the instructor, answer questions (even if you’re wrong), and participate in the session. You’ll walk away feeling a lot more confident than you would had you sat back and passively listened.
- Ask questions. You’re not expected to understand everything you do first go. If you don’t understand something or you’d like clarification, ask your instructor to go over it again. It’s more beneficial to everyone in the room to redo something rather than allow you to walk out with knowledge gaps.
- Read your handbook before class. We’ll assign you some light reading to do before your course, so you should give yourself time to read it. It’s going to help you understand the techniques we’re teaching and why we’re teaching them. Complete your online learning and assessments prior to the class
If You’re Looking To Get Your First Aid Certificate In Melbourne, Contact CK First Aid
CK First Aid is proud to offer nationally recognised CPR and first aid courses in Melbourne. Our team of instructors are qualified, experienced professionals dedicated to providing high-quality CPR and first aid training and certification. CK First Aid is renowned for delivering comprehensive courses that leave people with knowledge, confidence, and the ability to react appropriately in an emergency. If you need a first aid certificate in Melbourne, don’t hesitate to reach out to the CK First Aid team.