HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
$55 per student
Cardiac arrest can be fatal without prompt medical attention to restart the heart. However, with immediate recognition of a cardiac emergency, contacting medical help, and performing CPR, survival is possible for someone, even if unconscious and with irregular breathing.
Quick decision-making is necessary for the best chance of saving a life.
You will acquire various skills in this CPR course, which comply with the guidelines of the Australian Resuscitation Council.
These skills include:
- how to use an automatic external defibrillator (AED)
- how to change personnel during CPR while minimising interruption to compressions
- how to manage casualties who regurgitate or vomit while undergoing CPR
The course includes topics such as giving emergency services accurate incident information when transferring a casualty, evaluating an incident, identifying potential psychological effects on oneself and other first responders, getting assistance if needed, and improving relevant skills and response times.
*** This course is an enhanced online version and requires approximately 1.5 hours of online theory completion and 1 hour of face-to-face practical skills assessment. ***
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform 2 minutes of CPR on an adult on the floor (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Perform 2 minutes of CPR on an infant
You will learn:
- How to respond to an emergency situation
- How to perform CPR procedures
- Communicate details of the incident
The assessment is a written test that includes questions with multiple-choice answers.
Online theory and assessment components are to be completed prior to the face-to-face skills session. Online theory will take approximately 1.5 hours to complete and the face-to-face assessment will take approximately 1 hour.
Learning Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Certificate Renewal Requirements
Public Classes (Clayton, Victoria)
Are held at our training facility located at Suite 35, 195 Wellington Road, Clayton, VIC 3168.
Group Bookings (Australia-wide)
Courses are delivered Australia-wide in your workplace during or out of business hours at no extra cost. There is a minimum of 6 participants (maximum of 10 per session) required for a group booking at your service.
Give us a call to find out more or See Locations.
CPR Course in Melbourne (HLTAI009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
Why Should You Do A CPR Course In Melbourne?
CPR training is such an important life skill. You never know when an accident might occur that could be life-threatening. If you find yourself in one of those situations and are the only person who can perform CPR, you could save someone’s life. We offer nationally recognised CPR and first aid courses (Training and assessment delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909). Here are a few reasons you should enrol in a CPR course and the benefits that come with it.
Signs That You Should Enrol In a CPR Course In Melbourne
Are you thinking about enrolling in a CPR course with us? Here are a few signs you should give us a call today;
- You need it for work. A lot of workplaces require you to undertake a CPR course for work health and safety.
- You want to be ready at all times. No matter where you are, an accident can arise at any moment, and by having the skills to perform CPR, you could be the one person to help someone else in a life-threatening situation.
- You envision the need for it in the future. If you’re a person who does hiking, camping, mountain biking, boating, or any other outdoor activities that may take you away from urban life, you’ll want to be sure you’re ready for anything.
The Benefits Of A CPR And First Aid Course
There are several benefits to undertaking a CPR and first aid course, such as;
- Learn to save lives and handle emergencies. Learning CPR enables you to save someone’s life in a life-threatening situation. What could be more rewarding than that?
- It enables you to provide a casualty with comfort. No matter what type of emergency you find yourself in, after completing your CPR and first aid course in Melbourne, you will have the techniques and tools to provide a sense of calm and comfort to the casualty, no matter if they’re an adult or a young child.
- It adds to your resume. A CPR and first aid certificate is highly regarded in some industries and essential in others. Your CPR and first aid qualification could see you as a valuable asset in your current workplace and desirable to employers.
Things You Should Remember In An Emergency First Aid Situation
It’s easy to become overwhelmed in an emergency, but if you remember the following five things, you’ll be able to handle anything.
- Assess the situation. Before you enter an emergency, assess the environment to see if it’s safe for you to enter. If so, approach the casualty and do the following.
- Introduce yourself. Before you can help the victim, you must first introduce yourself and let them know that you have emergency first aid training.
- Ask them questions. If the injured person is conscious, ask them questions about themselves; who they are, how they got there, and where the pain is coming from. Asking questions about their pain/injuries is crucial. If the situation escalates and they become unconscious, they won’t be able to answer these questions for themselves.
- Be kind and calm. When approaching an emergency, the worst thing you can do is panic in front of the injured person and increase their stress or anxiety. Instead, talk to them calmly and assure them that everything will be alright.
- Use your training. Once you’ve assessed the situation, asked the injured individual a few questions, and called 000, then you can utilise the training you have learned. Even if you can help the individual until the paramedics arrive, it can make a world of difference.
If You’re Looking For A CPR and First Aid Course In Melbourne, Enrol With Us
CK First Aid are proud to offer nationally recognised CPR and first aid courses (Training and assessment delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909). Our team of instructors are qualified, experienced professionals dedicated to providing high-quality CPR and first aid training and certification. CK First Aid is a registered training organisation renowned for delivering comprehensive courses that leave people with knowledge, confidence, and the ability to react appropriately in an emergency. If you’re interested in enrolling in one of our courses in Melbourne, don’t hesitate to reach out.