HLTAID015 Provide Advanced Resuscitation And Oxygen Therapy
The Advanced Resuscitation course follows the standards of the Australian Resuscitation Council and the first aid code of practice. It is recommended for people who may have to administer CPR, oxygen, or first aid in demanding scenarios, whether at work or in the community.
The course uses simulations that imitate real situations to help participants learn how to use and maintain specialized equipment for administering first aid, resuscitation, and oxygen therapy.
The training will cover first aid and CPR, and advanced techniques for conditions like inserting basic airway adjuncts, controlling severe bleeding with tourniquets and haemostatic dressings, and administering oxygen at the correct flow rate.
The training course covers the following topics:
- Recording casualty conditions
- Communicating incident details
- Completing workplace incident documentation
- Conducting debriefs to identify areas for improvement, evaluate psychological impacts, and seek assistance as needed.
Your certificate will comprise the units listed below:
- HLTAID015 – Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of bag-valve-masks, oxygen equipment, an AED and placing the casualty into the recovery position)
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with a life-threatening bleed and provide oxygen
- Complete an incident report
- Maintain resuscitation equipment
Theory assessment: A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.
Learning Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Training and assessment is delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
You may find the student handbook, which contains all the necessary information regarding your rights and obligations and the procedures for submitting complaints and appeals, on the RTO’s website at allenstraining.com.au
Certificate Renewal Requirements
The industry-recommended period for renewing this certificate is 12 months.
Online with face-to-face min. duration 210 minutes
Public Classes (Clayton, Victoria)
Are held at our training facility located at Suite 35, 195 Wellington Road, Clayton, VIC 3168.
Group Bookings (Australia-wide)
Courses are delivered Australia-wide in your workplace during or out of business hours at no extra cost. There is a minimum of 6 participants (maximum of 10 per session) required for a group booking at your service.
Give us a call to find out more or See Locations.